Vietnam Facts Sheet
- Geographic coordinates: 16 10 N, 107 50 E
- Total area: 331,210 km2, half the size of Alaska, U.S.
- Country size comparison to the world: 66th
- Total land mass: 310,070 km2
- Total water mass: 21,140 km2
- Coastline: 3,444 km
- Total land boundaries: 4,639km
- Border countries: Cambodia 1,228km, China 1,281km, Laos 2,130km
- Time: GMT +7 hours
- Regions: 58 provinces, 5 municipalities
- Lowest point: East Sea at 0m
- Highest point: Mount Fansipan at 3,144m
- Natural resources: phosphates, coal, manganese, rare earth elements, bauxite, chromate, offshore oil and gas deposits, timber, hydropower
- Natural hazards: occasional typhoons (May to January) with extensive flooding
- Geographical note: extending 1,650km from north to south, the country is only 50km across its narrowest point.