How Can We Help Fight The Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic?
A heartfelt message from Pham Chau Linh, co-founder of the Together Against COVID-19 initiative ...
My husband and I wanted to do something to help Can Gio Quarantine Center, where my husband recently went under quarantine. We began a charitable initiative which we wish to expand to cover all COVID-19 treatment and quarantine centers in and around Ho Chi Minh city. We have found that many of our friends want to join forces with us, both Vietnamese locals and expats currently residing in Vietnam, but many don’t know HOW to help.
Image source: vietnamnews.vn
I put together this simple document in the hopes that all of you can refer to it as a clear guide to give you some ideas of how you can contribute to the global cause. Hopefully together we can help fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
This initiative is carried out with consultation and immense support from Dr. Nguyen Tran Nam, for which we would like to express our deepest gratitude!
To donate much needed medical supplies in the fastest and most effective manner so that these items can be put to use immediately within medical and quarantine centers. Our focus is on providing protective equipment / tools / items to medical staff who are at the highest risk level, medical staff that are working directly with COVID-19 patients.
What are we currently doing?
We are currently focusing on providing protective workwear and eye-protection, with a mission to expand and include other medical supplies at a later point. The key to prioritising what to buy depends on 3 factors:
1. What exactly is short of supply?
2. Validated quality of products that are certified safe to be used at medical and quarantine centers (not everything does, unfortunately).
3. Low cost – the lowest cost possible is always sought after.
Image source: customsnews.vn
Who do we currently distribute to?
- Can Gio COVID-19 hospital & quarantine center.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (HCMC CDC) who will then distribute goods out to centers in need, according to priority.
• Should you wish to donate directly to the HCMC CDC – please contact Doctor Thuy Duong - phone 0916052287. Address: 699 Trần Hưng Đạo, Ward 1, District 5, HCMC.
- The Children City Hospital of HCMC – Infectious Diseases Department, specializing in COVID-19 treatment of minor patients.
• Should you wish to donate directly to the Children City Hospital of HCMC directly – please contact Doctor Nguyen Tran Nam - phone 0939061153. Address: 15 Võ Trần Chí, Tân Kiên, Bình Chánh, HCMC.
Image source: vietnaminsider.vn
As the initiative grows, we wish to reach even further than our current reach. Join a great cause and help to support the community on this critical and urgent mission.
What have we achieved so far?
- We have raised over VND 322 million.
- Over 500 sets of protective workwear and 500 pieces of eye protection have been donated to Can Gio Medical & Quarantine center.
- Over 500 sets of protective workwear and 200 medical masks have been donated to HCMC CDC headquarters in HCMC.
Image source: english.net
For more information regarding the initiative and how you can volunteer and/or contribute, please do not hesitate to contact me!
Or to make a donation ...
Banner Image source: scmp.com